5/29/2007

I bring proof of the demonic pact.



I had hoped to bring you proof of Les Claypool's demonic pact, but instead I can only act as a witness to this event.

To make it up to you, I have located a video of Les in his true form.


The solo act preceedings of Gabby La La were extremely grating (think ukelele strumming with a grown woman screeching in a baby-voice falsetto), but other than that the concert was well worth the price of admission. This is the point where I returned to the bar and used my drink ticket on a ten dollar thimbleful of rum and coke.

Most of the show was 2 hours of world-class musicians soloing their brains out. It was great fun to watch and listen to, the highlight being the introduction of the upright bass followed by a twenty minute drumoff between two top-notch percussionists and topped off with Les playing the Whamola.

Basically the Whamola is an electric variant of the washtub bass. After doing some digging on the interwebs, I found a couple places with info on how to build one. Check out the bottom of this thread for a few hints.

Whamola info in general is surprisingly sparse, but here's a paper written by a guy that built one for a class in college.

FINALLY: CHECK OUT THIS TRAILER.
In the upcoming movie Electric Apricot: Quest for Festeroo, Les plays the drummer in the fictional jam band Electric Apricot. Coolies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes if the truth be known, in some moments I can say that I acquiesce in with you, but you may be in the light of other options.
to the article there is still a question as you did in the decrease delivery of this solicitation www.google.com/ie?as_q=camnetics geartrax 2008 160.615 ?
I noticed the phrase you procure not used. Or you partake of the dreary methods of promotion of the resource. I possess a week and do necheg